Current:Home > StocksSignalHub-John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs -Wealth Empowerment Zone
SignalHub-John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
SignalHub View
Date:2025-04-06 17:52:39
It's been the year of musical chairs in the fashion industry,SignalHub and now, John Galliano is leaving his longtime home at Maison Margiela.
In an interview with Women's Wear Daily published Wednesday, Galliano confirmed his exit from the French luxury fashion house.
"As we are parting ways with this beautiful house, my heart overflows with joyous gratitude, and my soul smiles so I want to take this time to express it. I continue to atone, and I will never stop dreaming," Galliano told WWD.
He continued: "In inviting me to assume the position of artistic director in the house that Martin (Margiela) built, he gave me the greatest, most precious gift: The opportunity to once again find my creative voice when I had become voiceless."
The comments were made in reference to his infamous 2011 ouster from Christian Dior after a video surfaced of a 2011 rant at a Paris bar, where he made comments considered racist and antisemitic. That year, he was found guilty for two hate crimes. It followed a separate, similar incident at the same bar in 2010 a year earlier.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
But in 2014, Galliano made a career comeback at Margiela.
"Being brave enough to unlearn, to re-educate ourselves from the past – for it is societally learnt – to share, empathize, and practice compassion," he added.
Galliano continued, praising Margiela parent company president Renzo Russo who he said "took a risk" and gave him "a second chance," telling WWD that his hiring "told the fashion industry that it is at its best when we collectively support each other, not judge; when we accept, forgive, and help one another see the error of our ways."
Alessandro Michele named new creativedirector of Valentino after Gucci departure
Earlier this year, ex-Gucci head Alessandro Michele got back in his creative director bag, this time at Valentino, following Pier Paolo Piccioli's exit.
"Maison Valentino is honored to announce today the appointment of Alessandro Michele as Creative Director," the brand announced in a statement shared to social media at the time. "This appointment marks the beginning of a new journey to continue shining unique values of the brand, its heritage and couture codes in the world through Alessandro Michele’s unique perspective and wealth of experience."
Michele called the appointment "an incredible honor," adding, "I feel the immense joy and the huge responsibility to join a Maison de Couture that has the word 'beauty' carved on a collective story, made of distinctive elegance, refinement and extreme grace."
Chanel is also facing a shakeup as fashion onlookers await the naming of a new fashion creative director. WWD reported last month that Matthieu Blazy, the Bottega Veneta creative director, is a frontrunner for the brand's top spot.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (39)
Related
- Angelina Jolie nearly fainted making Maria Callas movie: 'My body wasn’t strong enough'
- Happy birthday, Prince Louis! Prince William, Princess Kate celebrate with adorable photo
- Zach Edey declares for 2024 NBA Draft: Purdue star was one of college hoops' all-time greats
- Happy birthday, Prince Louis! Prince William, Princess Kate celebrate with adorable photo
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- New federal rule would bar companies from forcing ‘noncompete’ agreements on employees
- In Tampa, Biden will assail Florida’s six-week abortion ban as he tries to boost his reelection odds
- Montana minor league baseball team in dispute with National Park Service over arrowhead logo
- NCAA hands former Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh a 4-year show cause order for recruiting violations
- Baltimore port to open deeper channel, enabling some ships to pass after bridge collapse
Ranking
- The 401(k) millionaires club keeps growing. We'll tell you how to join.
- Reports: Philadelphia 76ers plan to file complaint with NBA over playoff officiating
- NHL playoffs early winners, losers: Mark Stone scores, Islanders collapse
- South Carolina Senate wants accelerated income tax cut while House looks at property tax rebate
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- North Carolina man sentenced to six years in prison for attacking police with pole at Capitol
- Black bear takes early morning stroll through Oregon city surprising residents: See photos
- Legendary US Olympic gold medalist Michael Johnson set to launch track and field league
Recommendation
In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
George Santos ends comeback bid for Congress after raising no money
Montana minor league baseball team in dispute with National Park Service over arrowhead logo
Kim Kardashian Reveals Truth About Eyebrow-Raising Internet Rumors
US appeals court rejects Nasdaq’s diversity rules for company boards
Julia Fox and More Stars Defend Taylor Swift Against Piece About Fan Fatigue
Slumping sluggers, ailing pitchers combining for some April anxiety in fantasy baseball
Marvin Harrison Jr. Q&A: Ohio State WR talks NFL draft uncertainty, New Balance deal